Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A Reason to Live

A question that I believe we all ask ourselves is "why am I alive?" We all want the answer, but nobody seems to know it. At church you are told that you live to worship God. On the radio, music tells you that love is the only thing worth living for. Culture tells you that you should live for money, and for material possessions.
For me, there is a simple answer to this question. If you give your life to the Lord, then everything else will fall into place. In Christ, there are no heartbreaks, no losses. If you let him guide you in your life then he will give you a reason to live day to day. I try to live in a way that pleases Him so that when my time comes I will see His glory in Heaven. That is truly the only reason you should need to live. Unlike so many people, I look forward to the day of my death because it is the day I will be in Heaven with my Father. It should not be a day of mourning but a day of celebration. I do not look for it to come sooner, however, because while God lets me live I must use my life for him.
It is a privilege to live, but we should not fear death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home